We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Tours out of Glasgow

Tupelo, Mississippi
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving Tours out of Glasgow

Prior to a cruise out of Rotterdam, my wife and I are thinking about 4-5 days in Glasgow. What "self drive" or "hired" tours can y'all recommend.

Thanks,

Max Munn

Tupelo, MS

California
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Tours out of Glasgow

Take one of the small group tours. The ones I've used are:

www.rabbies.com/glasgow_tour_departures.asp

timberbush-tours.co.uk/glasgow_tours/departu…

I did take 2 large bus tours a few years ago. They were not that great.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Tours out of Glasgow

What month will this be in?

If you are going to hire a car Glasgow is an excellent starting point.

Just a few suggestions----

Glasgow-Loch Lomond-Inveraray-Oban-Crianlarich-Glasgow

Glasgow-Aberfoyle-Trossachs-Callander-Stirling-Glasgow

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Tours out of Glasgow

Agree with both of kenko's suggestions, if you do his second one the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park is rather nice for a stretch of the legs and a bite to eat. Kenko's first suggestion if timed appropriately, you could do a walk on trip from Oban to the Isle of Mull where the ferry docks in Tobermorey which is a beautiful little town. The ferry company is Caledonian MacBrayne and you can check ferry times at www.calmac.co.uk However, may I also suggest a trip to the East Neuk of Fife where you will find lovely fishing villages such as Crail, the small town of Anstruther and also St Andrews the home of golf. From the centre of Glasgow to St Andrews is only 73 miles and so just less than two hours drive would see this done comfortably. Although I live only nine miles north of Glasgow can I comment on west coast weather as compared to east coast. The east is often drier.

Enjoy your stay. Lindsay

Edited: 20 September 2012, 17:09
4. Re: Driving Tours out of Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 10:16