We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mallaig

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Mallaig

Does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive place to stay in the Mallaig area? Or - would you suggest staying in Fort William.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,461 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mallaig

I'd probably prefer Mallaig, but perhaps we'll need a bit more info on your reasons for visiting before we can comment. If you want to climb Ben Nevis, don't stay in Mallaig. If you fancy going over the sae to Skye, Fort wiliam is less than ideal.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mallaig

It's an overnight stop. Next day we will be heading south. Just want to see sights - maybe Isle of Skye if have time.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,461 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mallaig

Where are you coming from and how are you travelling? If by road, traveling from Mallaig can add a fair bit to your journey.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,742 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mallaig

The drive from Fort William to Mallaig is stunning and is reason enough to go and stay there. Its one of the loveliest areas of Scotland.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,461 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mallaig

wouldn't disagree at all. As I've said, I'd pick Mallaig over Fort William, but if you're trying to get to Inverness, say to catch a plane you will need to factor in those slow extra miles.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mallaig

I would suggest the Loch Shiel House hotel in Acharacle at the southern end of loch Shiel.

7. Re: Mallaig

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow