We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel rooms with refridgerators

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel rooms with refridgerators

Hi. I am travelling to Glasgow in March with my husband and little baby. I was hoping to find a hotel room with a small fridge to keep milk and formula.

Does anyone know of any?

The wedding will be at the People's palace, and my Aunts live near Victoria park so anywhere close to either of those places would be great.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

Most chain hotels will have fridges in the rooms.

The two places you mention are at opposite sides of the city (east and west)

Are you planning on doing other things while you visit?

What sort of budget are you looking at?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

In many hotels the mini-fridges in hotel rooms are coolers, and not normally suitable for storing things like baby milk. Some might be reliable, and can guarantee a temperature below 5° C - what I would personally want for storing food for babies.

Probably best to get into dialogue with a couple of places that take your fancy, to see if they can put a proper fridge in your room.

I don't know if you'll be hiring a car, and so need a hotel with car parking. Another factor to consider. There are some attractive, boutique hotels in the Merchant City - not far from the People's Palace. Likewise in the west end, near Victoria Park.

But both anchor points - People's Palace and Victoria Park - are a 20 minute taxi journey apart. So distances are not that great. You might be better just picking a hotel whose facilities are right, and the driving or taxi-ing between the places you are visiting.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

Hi

Not a travel type response, but an idea from a Grandma!

Why not use the ready made formula in small cartons which don't need to be kept chilled? More expensive than making it up from powder, but for a short period would be less of a headache for you.

Find a hotel you like, google to find out which supermarkets are nearby, then you can go into their internet shopping sites to see if they stock the brand your baby is used to and buy it when you arrive in Glasgow.

Or you could even ask your Aunt to buy it online and get it delivered to your hotel.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

Hi, There are a lot of hotels in glasgow that won't have a minibar or fridge. Maybe we can help you narrow things down a wee bit. Do you have a budget in mind and will you need parking?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

And <<some>> hotels will charge you if the minibar has been opened, even if you didn't buy anything from it.

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

I was going to suggest if you really want somewhere with a fridge would you not consider some of the appartments for hire in Glasgow like the Glasgow Lofts or Fraser Suites?

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

You might want to consider an apartment as sometimes the rental costs can be not that different from a hotel room (excluding the budget chains).

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

If it helps, Premier Inn and Travelodge normally don't but some Marriott branches have mini-bars but some locations seem to have switched them off. You may get one in an indepdent hotel but doing a search for hotel with mini bar may get what you want although a lot of hotels use Uht milk these days which don't need to be fridges.

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

You could always ring or email the hotel to see if it would be possible for you to have access to a fridge for the milk and formula. It is unlikely to be the first time a hotel has had this request, and even if it is, they would probably be pleased to help.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,800 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel rooms with refridgerators

These apartments are fairly central and handy for public transport/taxis which will get you around the city with relative ease, They also have fridges. I believe you can get some good nightly rates there. Check the reviews if you're interested:

hot-el-apartments.com/glasgow-central-apartm…

Hope this helps.