We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do 19th/20th April?

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
124 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
What to do 19th/20th April?

Hi,

My wife and I will be in Glasgow for a short break 19-21 April.

I have had a look for whats on this weekend, but can't find much of intrest - looking for some kind of show, maybe a comedian.

I see Thriller Live is on, but we've seen this.

Any suggestions (or web links) would be greatly appreciated!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,878 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do 19th/20th April?

A really popular lunchtime event is Oranmor's Play, Pie and a Pint in the West End. If you're staying in the city just hop on the subway to Hillhead or Kelvin Bridge. Oranmor is at the junction of byres road and great western road a few minutes walk from either subway station. The play usually lasts just under an hour.

list.co.uk/event/…

For something really unusual that you won't forget, head down Argyle Street to the Trongate 103 Arts Centre to see the afternoon performance of the Sharmanka Kinetic Gallery. list.co.uk/event/… I think its amazing!

For comedy again head to the West End Stand Comedy Club http://www.thestand.co.uk/listings.aspx

If none of that takes your fancy there are a ton ideas to be found here:

list.co.uk/events/…

Hope that helps.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do 19th/20th April?

Aye Write should be right up your street.

www.ayewrite.com/programme/Pages/default.aspx

A sort of literary/ book festival, but really a platform to debate with interesting/ funny/ famous folks. Including comedians.

It's on now, and 20th Apri is the last day.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,878 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do 19th/20th April?

Aye Write is a fab event if you can bag tickets. Iain Banks was booked to appear. So sad that he won't be there after all.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do 19th/20th April?

On the 20th the Highland Games are on at the wonderful Rouken Glen Park (beside Whitecraigs Station from Glasgow Central).Starts at noon.You will get the highland games plus the splendour of the park and its historic glens.Dont try and park, take the train.Thankfully i live across the road.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
124 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do 19th/20th April?

Thanks for the suggestions.

We ended up doing the hop on hop off bus (great tour guides), making a short stop at the riverside museum ( really good), then we watched 'walking with dinosaurs' on the Saturday (at the SECC) which was really worth seeing.

We loved the city, and will be back (soon hopefully)!

6. Re: What to do 19th/20th April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow