We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kinningpark or glasgow green

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
kinningpark or glasgow green

We are renting an apartment for a week in glasgow and arrive this week. Our original apartment has run into a snag so the owner has two available apartments. one in kinningpark area and the other in the glasw green area. we will not have the car that week and will be on foot. we are three adults who will want to go out some evenings to eat or for a drink. during the day we hope to check out museums, parks, churches and shopping. Any idea which are would be better ? Thanks and looking forward to visiting your amazing country!!

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

I assume this is the site of the owner you wish to rent from?

http://www.glasgowgreenapartments.co.uk/

which of their Glasgow Green and Kinning Park flats have you been offered?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

Without knowing the exact apartments and exact location, my first thought was Glasgow Green since its probably a tad more practical if you want to do a bit of walking. Plus there's a rather nice German micro-brewery pub/eaterie (West Brewery) right there overlooking the green which might be a nice spot to aim for at the end of a days sightseeing.

3. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 15:26
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

I've got to agree with Drew on this one.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

just wondering what you think are the big concerns? Is it a poor neighborhood or just not convenient?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

kinningpark 2 amd flat on the green 4

7. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 15:26
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

Looking at the photos at least these are modern apartments and not old run down tenements.

Kinning Park is probably safer at night and is without doubt better served by buses passing that flat along Paisley Rd West so based on that I would go for KP.

Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

Is there nothing available in the City Centre.I was born and brought up in the KP area, but I would'nt wish to stay there on a visit to Glasgow.Do yourself a favour ,cancel and go for an Apartment in the City Centre or Westend.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kinningpark or glasgow green

I think it is probably a bit late to cancel now although because you are being offered an alternative to your original booking you could get out without penalty as the letting agent has failed to honour the original contract.

Problem is finding an alternative this late in the day!

What we are really saying is although the flats are modern and suitable it would not be high on our lists of areas to stay.

Glasgow Green flat to me is really Bridgeton and if returning at night I would recommend getting a taxi which will cost £5 from the city centre each time, the walk is up through the Barras and is fairly desolate at night and while you could get a bus up London Rd to Bridgeton Cross or a train you would still have a 7-10 min walk to the flat right through the centre of Bridgton so for a couple of pounds more than the bus or train it is better to get a taxi to your door.

Kinning Park is more accessible but again not a lot going for it in the way of pubs and dining although there is one of Glasgows oldest and established Italian restaurants La Fiorintina arox 500 yds away at Paisley Rd Toll.

The other pubs nearby are all typical "boozers" mostly frequented by supporters of a nearby big Football Club (Rangers) so I think 3 Canadians would stick out like a sore thumb.

One other point is Drew said earlier that you could use the Subway at Ibrox, KP has its own Station approx 400 yds away from the flat but it is at the bottom of a desolate street.

Shopping consists of mainly small convenience stores as the area is predominantly popular with the Asian Community.

So hopefully the above info will help you decide but as I said at the start you don't have much choice at this late stage.

Can I ask one question? You are asking for advice just now, but when you were planning your trip initially did you ask on here which areas were best suited to your needs.