We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow itinerary and bus to Airport?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
182 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow itinerary and bus to Airport?

Hi, Thanks to the helpful people on this forum, I have successfully booked DD and her boyfriend at the University of Strathclyde housing for one night. They will arrive into Glasgow at 6pm.

Their flight leaves at 15:50 the next day. Given this small time frame, are there any recommendations for a quick city tour? I did read in another thread about the bookstores in the west end, I think DD would like that - but not sure of their hours. Also, in the other thread it seemed that most places didn't open for tours until 11am. Also, any recommendations for a place for dinner near the university?

EasyJet states that they should be at the airport 2 hours ahead of their flight. Is this amount of time really necessary? They are flying to Amsterdam.

Also, I know they should take the 500 bus from Buchanan Bus station and I read that the return fare is 7.50 pounds - is the one way fare half of that?

Thank you!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,588 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow itinerary and bus to Airport?

Hi - what is the address of the housing? There are several sites.

"Is this amount of time really necessary?" No, but the alternative is missing the flight or everyone turning up at the last minute. The inconvenience is the price we pay for air travel these days.

"is the one way fare half of that?". I am not a parent, but I feel there are some things you can allow your children to find out for themselves. This may be one of them. They will thank you for it in years to come.....

Chicago
Level Contributor
182 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow itinerary and bus to Airport?

Thanks they have limited access to WiFi. That are quite able to handle things themselves as they are traveling independently for 5 weeks.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow itinerary and bus to Airport?

The one way fare on the 500 to the airport is 6 pounds.

The city centre is compact and since they don't have much time they might be best just to have a wander round in the morning.

Chicago
Level Contributor
182 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow itinerary and bus to Airport?

Thank you kenko92 for your answer. I agree that might be best.

5. Re: Glasgow itinerary and bus to Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow