We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Accommodation

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Accommodation

My husband and I are finishing a Scottish car trip in Glasgow and will only have one night there and depart on a flight at 8.40am the next morning. I would like to find accommodation near the airport. I am not sure whether to stay in the city or close to the airport. Can anyone please Advise which is the best area to stay in and any good hotels. Thank you , Janet

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,364 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

Early start, stay near the airport www.venere.com for Glasgow airport

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

The Holiday Inn at the airport is directly across the road from the terminal,2 minutes walk.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

Thank you. I will have a look at it. Have you stayed there? Janet

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

It it was me, purely for ultimate convenience, I'd bag a room at the Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport literally at Glasgow Airport and steps away from the departures hall. Holiday Extras (well regarded) usually gets some of the very cheapest rates for this place, but its always worth checking around and seeing if you can get a better deal, maybe even direct with the hotel:

holidayextras.co.uk/glasgow-airport-hotels.h…

Edited: 29 June 2013, 14:03
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

Thank you. That sounds I really good idea. I will check out that website. It also looks like it is not far from the airport to the city so we could go in for a nice dinner and a quick look around Glasgow that evening? I will have to find out if there are any restaurants or pubs that we really should visit.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

Yes,there is a good bus service,the 500 Glasgow Shuttle taking 25 minutes.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

That sounds perfect. Thank you.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

It might all depend on where you are dropping the car off?

If in the city centre then have a meal there before heading to stay overnight at the airport likewise the same if dropping at the airport, no point in coming back into Glasgow from the airport then back out again.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

I was actually wondering what to do about dropping the car off. That is a good suggestion. Is Glasgow an easy city for foreigners to drive in? Janet

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Glasgow Accommodation

The city centre is best avoided.There are numerous one way streets and bus lanes which confuse the locals never mind tourists.