We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classical Music Store

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Classical Music Store

We are in port for a day during an upcoming cruise and would like to know if there are music stores in Glasgow that specialize in "classical" music/ (preferably opera) 78's and LP vinyl and cd's. We've had the best luck at small, stand-alone shops in other big cities, sometimes antique stores with rare items/recordings not found online. My husband is a very astute long-time collector of rare operatic recordings and is always on the hunt for a real "find".

We realize this is a tall order.

Appreciate any information you might have.

PapillonHB

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Classical Music Store

There are a couple of so called "record exchange" stores in the city whereby people getting rid of their old vinyl collections go but you are mostly talking mainstream music.

The best place for this is in the West End, in fact there is a place just off Otago St, a quick search on www.yell.com will reveal all.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Classical Music Store

That shop I referred to is Mixed Up Records in Otago Lane.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Classical Music Store

Thank you madscotsman115!!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Classical Music Store

I think http://www.albamusick.co.uk/ operate from both Edinburgh and Glasgow. I know they're more into printed music, but I'm sure they would know the classical scene in Glasgow.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Classical Music Store

Thank you Derek.

6. Re: Classical Music Store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 21:35
7. Re: Classical Music Store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 05:19