We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
12,373 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

I have posted a full review in the Restuarant section but just had to bring to attention a fantastic Chinese Restaurant tucked away down Mitchell St called Lychee which will give the Ho Wong a run for its money and it's cheaper!

Give it a try you won't be disappointed!

Mentioned in this post
Ho Wong
Ho Wong
544 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

Thats my type of place. Looks classy!

Scotland
Level Contributor
95 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

Ate here last month and it was excellent, keep an eye out on groupon etc as it somestimes pops up

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
380 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

I posted about the Ho-Wong recently and someone sent me a private message telling me to try here so interesting with this post. Maybe a visit is in order.

Mentioned in this post
Ho Wong
Ho Wong
544 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
glasgow
Level Contributor
87 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

Was a bit sceptical when I saw this post, however , tried the place today and have to agree, the Ho Wong has now got some serious competition!

Mentioned in this post
Ho Wong
Ho Wong
544 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

Thanks for the recommendation Madscot! We finally got to try Lychee Oriental this weekend and you weren't wrong. A fabulous three course lunch was had for £11.80, the place is smart and the staff friendly. They even had decent vegetarian options. The verdict was unanimous. We loved it :)

Mentioned in this post
Lychee Oriental
Lychee Oriental
906 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
12,373 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

Glad you enjoyed it Purple, have been back also since I first posted and again everyone gave it the thumbs up.

I'm always a bit cautious recommending places a la one mans meat is another's poison etc but glad I wasn't wrong on this one.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

I know what you mean about recommending a place, but it even got fussy Miss Purple's thumbs up and thats praise indeed ;)

8. Re: Newish hidden gem Restaurant!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:18