We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Hotel help!!

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maine
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Hotel help!!

I am looking for a room with two double beds. Or at least a double bed and a single. I would like to be near the good shopping spots and bars. I would really like to find a room with an A/C or at least a window that opens. Looking for something budget friendly.... but not cheap.

Thanks in advance!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,260 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

Check ww.venere.com www.wotif.com

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

AC is a long shot ? Not much call for it in Scotland!!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

Premier inn have a few hotels around Glasgow City Centre, good prices and basic but nice decor and a family room has a double bed and pull out bed or single. Right in the heart of the city and surrounded by shops, bars etc

http://www.premierinn.com/en/search!execute.action

As Madscotsman said AC really not needed but all rooms come with heating where temperature can be increased or decreased so it is possible to reduce the temperature accordingly.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

Jury's Inn?

Maine
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

I think I might go with Holiday Inn express Riverside. I will get the room with one full bed and a sofa bed. The location looks perfect and at 80 USD, you can't beat it. I would spend the extra for a little more if it were worth it.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

Check prices at the Marriott. I stayed there and the rooms had a/c and 2 double beds. I was there during the heat wave and we needed it!

Edited: 29 September 2013, 09:45
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,786 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

last time i stayed at a holiday inn express the sofabeds had age restrictions and were for children/teens only.

Maine
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

I checked about the age limits and they said they were fine for adults and new. I couldn't find anything better for the money. 50 GBP a night.

Maine
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

Ok, well I ended up switching my reservation to Hotel Indigo with two queen beds. I found a coupon that got me a rate almost the same as the Holiday Inn! Im excited as it looks like everyone loves the hotel.

I must say, the Holiday Inn Express was very helpful with all my questions about the beds and amenities. They even cancelled my reservation with no charge even though I pre paid. I would recommend them just for their helpfulness

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Glasgow Hotel help!!

The indigo is great although they still seem to be having serious problems with breakfast ? Everything in the room fridge is free. The decor can be a hit or miss depending on your tastes. The adjacent car park gives a reduced nightly rate for residents when the ticket is validated by reception. I think it was £11 per night from memory.