We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

We are thinking of leaving a set of golf clubs for one week at the airport while we spend a week in Ireland in March. Do they have storage lockers that are large enough to accomodate them or is this just wishful thinking?

Thanks,

Former Californian

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

The Prestwick Airport site has luggage storage details but it would be expensive.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

Try these guys. Their business is adjacent to the airport ;

http://www.euro-box.co.uk/prices.shtml

Google the zip code for the location KA8 9RX.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,574 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

I guess you are taking the train to the airport so you can also leave them at tle luggage store in Glasgow Central. Will be around £25 per week.

left-baggage.co.uk/left_luggage_glasgow.php

That Eurobox place might be a good solution but I think you would need to get a taxi, have it wait for you whilst you signed contracts etc and then take you back to the airport. You would then need to do the same in reverse to pick them up. That would cost you more than storing the bag. Their opening hours are also limited.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

Thanks for the info. I checked the Prestwick airport site and all I saw was the price per day but no dimensions...maybe I am not looking at the right page...?

Thanks!

london
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

I think you'll find all "left luggage" places in the UK are not storage lockers ... we gave up on lockers years ago due to terrorists using them for bombs ... left luggage facilities are usually a room which is securely manned 24/7 and the items are stored on racks so they can accommodate even bulky items like your golf clubs

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,574 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

It says that there is a luggage storage facility next to check in desk 1, not lockers. Been a couple of years since I was there but I don't recall lockers and I used to transit PIK about once a fortnight.

So I would imagine the storage facility was a room of sorts with a manned desk since you have to ring the bell to get in. However at 5GBP per day this will be GBP35. I doubt any locker would be big enough to accommodate golf clubs

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

The place I quoted has 10 foot lockers at a charge of £15 for the week. If all the "donkey work" is done prior to arrival, the taxi/contracts nonsense will be minimal. The place is less than have a mile from arrivals.

8. Re: Storage Lockers in Prestwick Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 06:18