We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out NEAR Premier Inn

scotland
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out NEAR Premier Inn

at Buchanan street.......want somewhere with minimum walking( due to one of the party having difficulty walking long distance)

A pub meal or early bird would suit us fine.

Any suggestions would be very welcome..Thank you

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out NEAR Premier Inn

You are fairly central but how far is walking distance, walking distance to me is within 10 mins which covers most of the City Centre, however I accept that might be to much for that person.

If you are talking 3-4 mins then your choices close to the PI are Ask Italian (virtually across the road towards the bus station) or the restuarant attached to the Holiday Inn Theatreland, La Bonne.

If you can walk a wee but further round to Buchanan St then you have the brand new Hard Rock Cafe or Chayphraya for Thai food although this place is expensive.

If on a budget and wanting a varied menu then Cook & Indi have just opened a World Buffet on the corner of Bath and Renfield or for traditional Italian that old family run favourite in O Sole Mio on Bath St, the latter two being virtually on the same block as the hotel just round the corner.

On the other hand if you want to open it up then a taxi to other options is cheap, typically a taxi down to the Merchant City is only approx £4, that's less than a pound each if 5 persons! You couldn't even catch a bus for that!

scotland
Level Contributor
4,114 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out NEAR Premier Inn

Thanks so much..2 of our party have problems BUT we like to walk..I was thinking 20 mins be enough for them. You have given me some good suggestions there.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out NEAR Premier Inn

20 mins opens up a whole new outlook as virtually anywhere in the City Centre is within reach!

www.5pm.com for more ideas

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out NEAR Premier Inn

Have a look at the Amarone menu. It's not far.

http://www.amaronerestaurant.co.uk/menu

5. Re: Eating out NEAR Premier Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:20