We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Glasgow - need help with hotel location

Level Contributor
185 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Glasgow - need help with hotel location

Hi All!

Greetings from the Aussie. Im coming over to the UK in May/June and have only a few things to sort out before i get there! haha..

I will be coming to Glasgow and staying 2 nights! At this stage the arrival date is 9th June and I will be coming by train from Dumfries. Looking at a hotel in the city centre, in a reasonable area, prefer close to a pub/shops. Have a budget of around $100-$140 australian dollars a night (50-70 pounds??). Will look at all options (ie hotel chains, more traditional hotels etc) and I do have one or more hotels in mind already - but can't quite decide. I have only been to Glasgow once and that was a bus tour back in 2004 and it was only for 1 night (hotel was the marriott i think).

Not sure where the main shopping areas are or there the main touristy things are situated. Is there any areas to avoid (especialy for a single female)??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone. I love this site and rely on it when I am planning any trips!!

Rachel H

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,139 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Coming to Glasgow - need help with hotel location

Re your observations of the area being a bit grim, that building opposite the hotel up to a few years ago was to be demolished and a 5 star Jumierah Hotel would have been built there, but due to a couple of businesses holding out for more money coupled with the financial collapse the project was shelved.

Level Contributor
185 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Coming to Glasgow - need help with hotel location

Thanks madscotsman!

I am now leaning toward the premier inn buchanan galleries now.

Rachel H

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Coming to Glasgow - need help with hotel location

I would try citizenM on renfrew st it's a great hotel and not to expensive.

Edited: 13 February 2014, 14:27
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Coming to Glasgow - need help with hotel location

here is a link to some of the budget hotels on offer in Glasgow:

http://www.qualityhotelglasgow.com

Enjoy your stay!

25. Re: Coming to Glasgow - need help with hotel location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow