We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brewdog Bar

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
169 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Brewdog Bar

Hi all, myself and hubby are going to a gig at Oran Mor and have booked up for the Argyll hotel (we're skint - as always).

My hubby loves brewdog (actually prides himself on being a shareholder) so we'll def be paying a visit to Brewdog Glasgow, which i can see is only a few mins from hotel. Can anyone tell me if there are other bars in this area/on same street? Can't seem to find much of anything.

Or a bar near Oran Mor? I know they have a bar at Oran Mor itself but just for a bit of variation.

Looking to probably eat at Lamora Italian on Argyll street. Anything better but just as local?

Thanks everyone.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,770 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brewdog Bar

Brewdog sits on its lonesome at that part of Argyle St opposite the Kelvingrove Museum, you mention shares, well dividends must be good as apparently the comedian Frankie Boyle can be found propping up the bar in Brewdog most nights!!!

You mention Lamora which is highly rated, it is that part of Argyle St that has an abundance of cracking Bars within 400 yds either side, the likes Islay Inn, Park Bar and the Ben Nevis for traditional Scottish Pubs to trendy places like Distill, Rockus, Lebowskies, the Finnieston and the Kelvingrove Cafe to name a few.

A new restaurant in between the Finnieston and Kelvingrove Cafe called the Gannet is making noises but is on the pricy side.

There is a shortage of Bars next to Oran Mor itself but some good ones approx 400 yds further down Byres Rd.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brewdog Bar

That Brewdog pub is not the best. I was in it a couple of weeks ago. IMO it's a cold, unwelcoming barn of a place and if you are skint there are much cheaper places to drink.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
328 posts
1,018 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brewdog Bar

On Byres Road near Oran Mor is the Curlers Rest pub, which has a great selection of draught beers. It's not cheap but it's a nice place.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
169 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brewdog Bar

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Scotland
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brewdog Bar

Try the Belle,it's approximately 200yards from Oren Mhor.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brewdog Bar

Depending how beer geeky you are, my (as yet untested) potential itinerary for a day in Glasgow based around some of the pubs recommended on Ratebeer.com :

Inn Deep

I J Mellis Cheesemongers

Walk through University of Glasgow campus

Three Judges

Brewdog

Kelvingrove Museum (across the street from Brewdog)

Possibly Banana Leaf for Indian food depending how the day goes

Walk through Kelvingrove park

The Bon Accord

I haven't actually done it yet myself so I can't vouch for any of them, but you can look into them and see what you think. Would love to hear what locals have to say about those places actually.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brewdog Bar

The Bon is one of the best pubs in Glasgow (if not Scotland), :)

8. Re: Brewdog Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:18