We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Street Station

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Street Station

I will be traveling from Edinburgh to Oban in June via train and it appears I need to change trains at Glasgow Street Station. The time between trains is about 15 minutes. Is 15 minutes adequate time to find the second train (keeping in mind I will be bringing luggage)? Thanks.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
44,862 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow Street Station

It's Glasgow Queen Street and you should have plenty of time provided that your incoming train is on time.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow Street Station

It's Glasgow Queen Street and 15 minutes should be fine as it's not a big station.

Make sure you get the correct train from Edinburgh as there are several routes.You need the fast service which has only 2 or 3 stops to Queen St.

The Oban train sometimes also has a section for Ft.William so

check you join the correct coach.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,581 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow Street Station

Just to clarify it is the Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen St (via Falkirk High) service you require.

Queen St Station only has 7 platforms (Roads to you) all on the same level, if you are concerned about time which unless the Edinburgh was really delayed you should not be then a tip is to sit near the front whereby you will be one of the first off at the Buffer Stops and and virtually on the concourse whereby you will see from which platform the Oban train leaves from which is a matter of yards away and no need to actually go through the ticket barriers.

Good point Kenko makes in that the Oban/Mallaig train comprises 4 cars which splits in two at Crianlarich but there will be plenty of signage and onboard announcements to keep you right.

new jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow Street Station

Thank you for the help. I believe I can relax now knowing the size of the station and all.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,489 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow Street Station

Plan of the station is here

nationalrail.co.uk/stations/sjp/GLQ/stationO…

You will see the big electronic departure information board in the corner high above Costa

nationalrail.co.uk/SME/…o1933-0012646.jpg

(you can ignore platforms 8 and 9 on the Low Level which are used for suburban services.)

6. Re: Glasgow Street Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow