We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional Scottish Breakfast

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional Scottish Breakfast

Can anyone recommend a place in the West End for a traditional scottish breakfast, reasonably priced, for a Saturday morning? Couldn't find much using the trip advisor search but there must be loads out there!

A cooked breakfast with haggis, nothing expensive just traditional and well cooked using fresh ingredients.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186534-i211-k66…

Easily dug out ?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

There is a Cafe on Dumbarton Road called 2Go. Number 397 I think, and its very close to Partick Subway station. Come out station, turn left toward Dumbarton Rd, then right onto Dumbarton Road. Its a 1 min walk from station. Always found it good, no frills, cheap and decent quality. An old school type place

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

Have a look at Stravaigin - their weekend brunch is absolutely stunning.http://www.stravaigin.co.uk/weekend-brunch.php

Cafezique does a brilliant breakfast too - delizique.com/cafe/menu#breakfast-and-lunch

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

A vote for the Left Bank or Stravaigin both on Gibson Street. Cafezique does a lovely breakfast but I don't think they do the full Scottish. The Richmond Bar and Grill is one of my newer discoveries and around the corner from Stravaigin. Lovely brunch! http://therichmondglasgow.com/

Perhaps I've led a sheltered life but I've never seen haggis on a breakfast menu before.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 20:01
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

I was thinking that about haggis too - but then noticed Cafeazique offers it as one of the extras!

It's definitely not a standard item - black pudding is much more popular amongst meat eaters anyhow.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

That said, the The Richmond Bar & Bistro brunch menu does mention haggis bon bons whatever they are, but then I only really scan the vegetarian options lol.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

The Cafezique breakfast was very good the one time I had it (admittedly 3 years ago), but at £11/£12 then, I wouldn't classify it as 'reasonably priced'.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

I would agree that Haggis is not the norm on a traditional Scottish Breakfast, the staple items being Sausage, Bacon, Egg, Black Pudding and Potato Scone with supplements of Baked Beans, Fried Mushrooms and Tomatoes.

Damn, shouldn't have mentioned that now, where can I get that lot now at this time of night!!!!

Edited: 29 July 2014, 20:30
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

Traditional Scottish breakfast is surely a plate of porridge.

A damn fine way to start the day.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traditional Scottish Breakfast

Porridge is all well and good William (with honey no salt), but its good to get the full monty now and again.

Too late for you now Madscot, but Hyndland Cafe (open til 9pm) do breakfast all day long, and until 10am its a bargain price. Yum! http://www.thehyndlandcafe.com/#!menu/cu5n

Hyndland Cafe's all day breakfast is £6.96 and would you believe it, optional haggis for an extra 60p!