We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellahouston Park

inverness,scotland
8 posts
Save Topic
Bellahouston Park

Hi,

We are going to The Killers at Bellahouston Park later in the month and have booked the Premier Inn at Newton Mearns.

Is there anywhere within walking distance (1.5 miles or so) that we can park at? If that is going to be totally out of the question roughly how much would a taxi be for the 7.5 mile trip.

Thanks Nicola

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellahouston Park

You could try leaving car in Mosspark or Dumbreck, don't think there will be any restrictions, google earth will give you an idea of location, Mosspark is just south of Bella park and Dumbreck/ Pollokshields just east. Dunno how much a taxi would be, but would allow a tenner maybe? Its an easy route straight down m77 to Dumbreck and means you can enjoy a beer or two.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellahouston Park

Drive and enjoy a beer or two ?

Wouldn't recommend it.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellahouston Park

Hi Nicola,

I would think that a private hire taxi would cost you around the region of £15...it's a fair jaunt from Bellahouston. The streets around Bellahouston are all residential and don't have parking restrictions (other than there being a car already in the space). So if I were looking to drive in, I'd probably have a drive around the quieter residential streets nearby eg Barfillan Drive etc. failing that, you could give the ASDA car park a go.. It is of course for customers but you might want to get some shopping... :-)

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,671 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellahouston Park

Hmm, a few flaws in the last post!

Even a hack would not run to £15.

Also due to concerts and Papal visits the Residential streets around Bellahouston Park have had certain restrictions placed on them in recent years and finally the Asda Car Park has parking eye cameras meaning if you park for longer than 3 hours you will be sent a Penalty Notice Fine.

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellahouston Park

madscostman - the one thing you wont get in the Asda car par is a fine.

You may get a charge notice dressed up to look like a fine from whatever company currently "manages" the car park.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellahouston Park

You're right William, the hard line bailiffs that turn up at your door, retrospectively, want 60 big ones plus costs.

Sadly, the companies involved still have connections with previous "employers" and garner the required info from the DVLA.

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellahouston Park

Can't think why a bailiff would have anything to do with parking in Asda car park.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellahouston Park

They are more commonly known as debt collectors. Bailiffs is probably too old school.

My bad.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,671 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellahouston Park

Guys, stop arguing!

Yes it is a Penalty Charge Notice, usually made to look like a Parking Ticket by having a chequered pattern around the outer edges.

Yes you are parking on Private Land so has no legal standing, i.e. The Police do not take anything to do with it.

I once received one of these at the car park at the Retail Park at Anniesland, what had happened was we went to Mothercare to have Family portraits taken and the Photographer was running late and we went over the 3 hours.

When I got it in I went on to Martin Lewis's website and he had a link and a downloadable template letter for you to appeal, his advise is you write to them and say you are not going to pay it which I did with an explanation and they waived it, he also advises that you don't just ignore it as it could get passes to a debt recovery agency and if that happens then there is the potential for your credit rating to be affected meaning you might not get something as simple as a mobile phone contract to something as serious as a mortgage refusal!

Hope that clears that up!

Edited: 07 August 2014, 23:26
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bellahouston Park

Plenty of residential streets within walking distance of Bellahouston where you can park at your own leisure...I mentioned Barfillan with confidence (as an example, though you could easily find another street further up the road) as I have a friend who happens to live there, and, while visiting recently with a large group of friends who all had their own cars, had free reign to park anywhere on the street with no hassle or restrictions whatsoever.

With regard to Asda, of course you would have to give that a bash at your own risk but, as far as I was aware, the only restrictions to parking there were on Match days...as with all parking in local business/restaurants in that area near Ibrox.

Now, taxi fares... If it isn't £15 in a hack, from Newton Mearns to Bella, it certainly can't be far off the mark... Even during the day. Nevertheless, it is an option... Though from Newton Mearns, it would be more penny wise to get a private hire.