We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Hotels

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
498 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Hotels

I realise that this topic may well have been discussed at length on previous occasions, but I am looking for one that has close proximity to the city centre, but is one of the cheaper alternatives.

Will be staying for one night in mid January.

Thank you,

Andrew.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow Hotels

any of the city centre travel inns or travel lodges are ok. they will be around £45 per room per night.

Travel lodge in Hill St or premier travel inn at charing cross are central enough

Glasgow
Level Contributor
174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow Hotels

hi, if you go into www.laterooms.com nearer the time you will get a good deal as the hotels will be quite in January....

Blantyre, Scotland
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow Hotels

All I would say is be careful where you book as some City Centre premises passing themselves off as hotels are nothing more than doss houses.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow Hotels

You can get the Travelodge in Hill Street for £15 a night during January on their special internet offer.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow Hotels

That sounds like an offer too good to miss if all you want is somewhere to lay your head at night.

If you go this route please try and check in as early as possible in the day, as they have a reputation of giving your room away if you arrive late, even though you guaranteed it with a credit card (see previous thread about the expose on BBC Watchdog).

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
498 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow Hotels

Thanks, guys.

thegoodwitch: Have you got a link to where I can find that offer ? Thanks.

Whereabouts etc. is that particular hotel situation ?

Much appreciation,

A.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow Hotels

Hi again

here is the link to the offer.

https:/…

You need to put your date in, and the location and it will give you the availability. HIll Street is fairly central. If you google it you can bring up Mapquest and you will see the exact location.

I've used this offer twice now. Its really good value IMHO.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glasgow Hotels

Try this map

http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/maps-full.html

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
498 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Glasgow Hotels

Thank you so much, mate !!

Have booked it already. That is superb, thanks !!

Thought I might as well get us a room each for just £7-50 more !

Thanks again :oD

10. Re: Glasgow Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 07:20