We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Di Maggio's Restaurant

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
493 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Di Maggio's Restaurant

Has anyone been here ? There is one in Royal Exchange Square and the menu looks fab.

How might I get here from my hotel on Hill Street ?

I would also need to get from here to the airport. There will be two of us in quite a rush, I should imagine. Should taking a taxi be the best solution, or perhaps there are buses from a nearby stop / station that run to the airport frequently. Is this the case...?

Many thanks in advance....

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

What airport Andy - is it Glasgow International or Glasgow Prestwick?

Glasgow International can be reached from Buchanan Bus station or taxi (not sure of travel time sorry)

Glasgow Prestwick is reached easily by hoppin on the train from Glasgow Central to Prestwick - about 45 minutes right to the door of the airport - runs every half hour or slightly more at rush hour.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
19,854 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

Had a great evening and meal in Di Maggio's (though one in the West End)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

I can't fault Di Maggio's food, but the Royal Exchange Square restaurant is a bit of a riot. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the queue was out the door, I actually got stuck in the rotating door cos there were too many people at the other side. Once we were in the place was heaving with very loud, very drunk office parties and hen nights etc.

Menu is good so long as that sort of thing doesnt bother you. It's a bit of a magnet for it as such a well known place.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
274 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

Personally, i think De Maggio's is, at best average. Its just another chain, food made by kitchen hands, not real chefs. I suppose it depernd what quality and what taste you are after. If you dont like spending too much, and dont want anything refined, then im sure it will be fine for you. I would suggest La Parmigian for a proper italian, or even Italian kitchen. Di Maggio's is a super boring, super bland chain. You have been told!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,822 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

Kirsty - I have been quite a few times to the one off Buchanan St and always enjoyed it. More recently I tried the one by the Univerity but thought that the food was not so good and the decor was tired. Its not exactly what we think of when the word restaurant chain is mentioned though, its just a handful of properties they've got.

Both of our opinions are valid of course even though they differ - its not unknown for restaurants to go through good and bad periods depending on the quality of the staff that they employ.

Andy, the choice is yours:-)

Portstewart...
Level Contributor
493 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

'Tis indeed, Purpleingtons =o)

I am a fairly bland eater, so a decent pizza with loads meat and herbs and spicey stuff does me well. That is why the Di Maggio's menu appealed to me.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

Andy

Going back to your question about getting from DiMaggios to the Airport...

I noticed yesterday that the Airport bus goes round George Square and then up St Vincent street, which is about a 2 minute walk from DiMaggios, so provided its not a busy time of day when you're travelling thats probably gonna be the easiest way to get out there.

(unless your flying from Prestwick in which case see Purpleceltics earlier post)

w62
London
Level Contributor
828 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

I love De Maggios on Royal Exchange Square but if you don't fancy the scrum there's one up near the Holiday Inn Theatreland which is always a bit quieter.

9. Re: Di Maggio's Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 07:18