We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay on skye???

dublin, ireland
1 post
1 review
where to stay on skye???

There seem to be so many B&B's its melting my head. Plan to travel up by train from Aberdeen after a wedding then stay 2 nights on Skye. Then head down to Edinburgh stay there, and home to Dublin. All this in July.

Any advice on where to stay (in Edinburgh too) would be much appreciated. Some where that's not going to blow the bank, but has a nice feel to it. I will be travelling with my boyfriend so romantic is a plus. Big into scenery and walks (gentle).

Thanks.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: where to stay on skye???

Hi

In Edinburgh I really like Six Marys Place - a lovely Georgian house with a modern interior (and comfy beds and good showers) in Scockbridge - so handy for nice eating places and not too far to princes street and the royal mile. www.sixmarysplace.co.uk - but it does book up early!

Not so sure about Skye - but am sure you will get lots of advice.

Isle of Skye...
Level Contributor
557 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: where to stay on skye???

Hi there,

it depends on your budget, but if you want to have a romantic break and cost is not much of an issue, then try Toravaig Country House Hotel, Kinloch Lodge or Eilean Iarmain - all down the Sleat Peninsula on Skye - all relatively expensive, but should all manage the romantic bit very well!

Try the following websites too:

www.scotland-inverness.co.uk (Isle of Skye section obviously, but should also offer you plenty of choices for Edinburgh too!)

www.skye.co.uk

www.isleofskye.net

and obviously, the Tripadvisor section on hotels on the Isle of Skye - the reviews should give you the general feel for a place!

Enjoy!

Isle of Skye
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: where to stay on skye???

As a broadford resident, I'd be biased in saying stay here! The Red cuillins are easily accessible, within a 20 minute drive, with excellent views to the black cuillin, and a beautiful coastal walk round suisinish and boraraig (villages cleared during the highland clearances) where you can view the sea, the isles of Eigg and Rhum ...and its not too strenuous!!!

tony

4. Re: where to stay on skye???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 12:16