We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most scenic spot?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Most scenic spot?

Hi

Myself and my husband are hoping to visit the highlands in May/June, which will be our first ever visit to Scotland and a trip I have been wanting to take for a long time.

The plan is to stay a week in a self catering cottage/lodge and to stay based in one place whilst using the car to see as much as possible. All of our previous holidays have included more than one base and I am keen to avoid that this time as it can be less relaxing having to keep packing up!

So, I have been reading up and am totally struggling on where to base ourselves.

Our main objective will be to see as much of the beautiful scenery as possible, both on scenic drives and some walks (although not hikes- our limit is 3-4 hours!).

Please can somebody give us details of some particularly scenic spots/drives and where we might best base ourselves?

Ideally we would like to be based in a small town/large village (with a couple of pubs for evening meals), and ideally in a waterside spot.Somewhere more rural is preffered with walks from our accomodation.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

21. Re: Most scenic spot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2009, 05:22
Get answers to your questions about Scottish Highlands