We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairn Self Catering

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nairn Self Catering

We're hoping to visit Nairn late June early July with our daughter and elderly mother in law. Would ideally like self catering accom for 3/4 nights but this time of year appears to be peak season even though school holidays have not yet started.

Any recommendations for s/c cottage around Nairn which does not require a 7 night booking?

The plan is to visit Fort George, Nairn itself and a few other places I recall from childhood holidays.

Thanks so much.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,802 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nairn Self Catering

This is high season in Scotland.

I would go ahead and book either a hotel or a 7 night self catering house, as contrary to what you've been told, our schools break up during the last week of June.

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nairn Self Catering

Scottish school holidays typically start during the last week of June and finish middle of August.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nairn Self Catering

Thanks to you both. Looks like I confused English school holidays with Scots ones. I DO know better, but have been away a long time!

May have to have a re-think.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nairn Self Catering

You could also try places like Lossiemouth and Forres (although Nairn would be my choice too!)

What about checking this place - it says it does short breaks but its difficult to recommend somewhere because until you check yourself you won't know...

http://tullochwoodlodges.com

I'm sure there are places out there - its just a case of trawling thought them and checking if dates are available

Good luck

Woody x

Nairn, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nairn Self Catering

If you look on here, there is a fantastic B&B, Sandown Farm....Maybe out of your price range and yes you want Self Catering..you could try the parkdean caravan park, right on the beach..

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nairn Self Catering

Thanks for the help. Have had a look at a few b&b places and will probably take that option. Parkdean was actually where I spent childhood holidays though I think it was plain old Nairn Lochloy caravan park then! Run over the dunes and straight onto the beach as I recall with a little bridge into town and dodgem cars on the way. Happy days.

Thanks again all.

7. Re: Nairn Self Catering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 20:35
8. Re: Nairn Self Catering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:16