We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort William to aviemore?

glasgow,scotland
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fort William to aviemore?

Hi there. We're going to walk the west highland way in may and were thinking of spending a couple of days in aviemore after we finish walking as it close to where I have family and my wife says fort william is a dump. What is the best way to get from fort William to aviemore? Train to Inverness and then back to aviemore? Or is there a direct bus?

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,317 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort William to aviemore?

Lol.....Fort William is nothing special but I wouldn't say it's a dump and the surrounding area in all directions is simply stunning. To get to Aviemore you will need to get a bus to Inverness and then bus/train to Aviemore.

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort William to aviemore?

Ooh harsh on poor Fort William, I think its ok actually, depends what you are looking for I suppose.

as above bus to Inverness then train or bus to Aviemore

unfortunately train doesnt go from the fort to Inverness

Good luck for the WHW!

3. Re: Fort William to aviemore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 06:17