We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inverness of Fort William for a one day stay

East Brunswick
4 posts
Save Topic
Inverness of Fort William for a one day stay

Hello- We are going to be driving to the highlands from Edinburgh and are going to be able to spend just 1 day there. We will be driving the next day to Glasgow to catch a flight to Paris. We are a family with kids and although we know from reading the forum that one day is just not even to begin scraping the surface, thats how much we have. With that, Would any of you be able to suggest which town we should pick and what we can do within that one day. I just want to make the most of my time and have no real information on which to make a decision.

East Brunswick
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Inverness of Fort William for a one day stay

Thank you so so much Kevin! This is all really so helpful! Im glad that you think Oban is a good choice too. I already mapped the route from EDI to Stirling to Drummond (where we wil stop for lunch- Found a cool Indian Restaurant too :)) and proceed to Glencoe and then to Oban (We may chose to do Glencoe after Oban based on everybodys preference). The whole trip is about 4 hours driving time and with stops at Stirling and Drummond should take us to Oban early evening. Thanks so much again.

I think I am set now!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
716 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Inverness of Fort William for a one day stay

On your way from Oban to Glasgow, you'll pass by Kilchurn Castle: historic-scotland.gov.uk/propertyresults/… You could also go via Inveraray: http://www.inveraray-argyll.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Inverness of Fort William for a one day stay

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186501-d5530…

Most seem happy with it and if they have space I would probably take it because its high season and alternatives may be hard to find.

What a lot of good advice you have received !! Oban is an attractive small fishing port but the journey there will certainly let you see the Highlands. Much better than Fort William or all the way to Inverness and back.

14. Re: Inverness of Fort William for a one day stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 05:15