Im planning a trip to the UK in the last fortnight of July this year (13th - 31st July). The plan is to spend time in London & Manchester with family for a week and do a 5 day roadtrip (4 adults) up to the Scottish Highlands post that - Start with Glasgow/Edinburgh (depending on what you recommend and drive upto the Highlands through Glencoe and Fort William to the Isle of Skye and back to Loch Ness & Iverness- Maybe spending a day or two each in Glasgow/Edinburgh, Portee and Iverness before we come back to London.
I am looking forward to your recommendations on the following:
1. Is 5 days comfortable for the proposed trip or am i cutting it too tight.
1. The best means of travel (Id love to hire a car, unless u strongly recommend a coach tour)
2. Your suggestions on changing the route or adding/ removing certain destinations from the route above
3. Stops on the roadtrip. Based on my initial research iv shortlisted Glasgow/ Edinburgh followed by Portree and Iverness for a day stop. Lemme know if they are the best places to spend a day each and your recommendations on hotels would be helpful.
4. Indicative budget for the roadtrip.
5. Would an Indian driving license work for driving in Scotland?
Looking forward to your guidance.