We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aviemore, Edinburgh and Skye

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Aviemore, Edinburgh and Skye

Hi,

I'm looking for some advise/ideas for my trip.

The current plan is 3 days/2 nights around Aviemore (probably staying on the rothiemuchus estate), then heading to Edinburgh for 2 days/3 nights then onto Skye for 4 days/3 nights.

I'm aware the route isn't the most efficient but we're gaining another person in Edinburgh so cant really change that part. Ive visited Aviemore and Edinburgh before and have plans for that part of the trip, the main bit I'm looking for ideas for is Skye. We're traveling by my own car.

We're hoping to camp in Skye but would like to know if there's any sites with camping pods available if the weathers against us.

We're all mid 20's and fit, so looking for plenty of activity, would love to get a few good, long hikes in. The fairy pools and old man of storr look interesting areas, but advise on this would be brilliant.

Also would love a chance to see whales/dolphins, are there any boats doing tours from skye?

Any other ideas for what to do would be great, we're generally into just about anything as long as it keeps us busy.

Also a suggestion on where to base ourselves would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aviemore, Edinburgh and Skye

Consider Sligachan. You can camp there and its about as central as you can get. You can hike from there over to the Fairy Pools. Its an easy walk. You can also hike to Loch Coruisk or walk or drive to Elgol where you can get boat trips to see wildlife. Google BellaJane boat trips.

Don't miss the north east of the island. The Quiraing is fabulous

2. Re: Aviemore, Edinburgh and Skye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:17