We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10-12 days between west coast and central highlands

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
10-12 days between west coast and central highlands

Hello all, we are recently retired, living in Australia and looking for a memorable 10 -12 days in the Scottish Highlands next September (2014). We toured Scotland 2 years ago and loved it, covering Oban, Fort William and east coast up to Orkneys. This time we would like to spend time in the middle to west coast and would really appreciate some suggestions about what to see/where to go/where to stay (definitely NOT back packing though!)........appreciate all ideas please :) thanks

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10-12 days between west coast and central highlands

Just to clear up one confusion first: Oban and Fort WIlliam are *west* coast, so if you can cast your memory back, please let us know of areas you want to exclude.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10-12 days between west coast and central highlands

Sorry, I thought I had been reasonably explicit with that description, I didn't want to be too explicit in case it cut out some people's thoughts . Perhaps if I said we wanted to cover north and west up from Torridon............thanks

3. Re: 10-12 days between west coast and central highlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Scottish Highlands