We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antique shops near Kinlochewe and/or Kinloch Rannoch

Enkhuizen, The...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Antique shops near Kinlochewe and/or Kinloch Rannoch

We'll be staying in Kinlochewe and Kinloch Rannoch next month. My husband and I love those hidden treasure shops, filled to the brim with antiques and old weird stuff. Are there any such shops in or near Kinlochewe or Kinloch Rannoch? We do not mind to drive a little bit, although a one and a half hour drive (one-way) would be the maximum for a relaxed day out.

Cheers! :)

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antique shops near Kinlochewe and/or Kinloch Rannoch

Kinlochewe is a small place and I don't know if there are antiques emporia in the area. I suspect not nearby.

KinlochRannoch I do know a bit about, though I may be out of date. It's a bit out on a limb being the last major town/village before Loch Rannoch and Rannoch moor and hence doesn't really attract a big passing trade. There are certainly antiques places in Aberfeldy to the SE and Bruar, beyond Blair Atholl, on the A9 heading north.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antique shops near Kinlochewe and/or Kinloch Rannoch

Hi! I think there is a curios and collar tables shop in Gairloch, near the Myrtle Bank hotel on the foreshore. It's about 30 minutes from Kinlochewe (a trip well worth taking for the views alone!).

If you get the local 'newspaper' - the Gairloch and District Times (it's yellow, available from outlets in Kinlochewe), it will list all the local antiques and collectibles, with opening hours etc. Enjoy your trip!

Abs :)

Pitlochry, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Antique shops near Kinlochewe and/or Kinloch Rannoch

Aberfeldy, half an hour from Kinloch Rannoch, has several shops of this type and there is a new small shop in Kinloch Rannoch called The Black Cat which might interest you.

4. Re: Antique shops near Kinlochewe and/or Kinloch Rannoch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 07:16