We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Braemar Highland Safari

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Braemar Highland Safari

I will be in the Cairngorms in September and would like to do a highland/wildlife safari. Has anyone taken the Braemar Highland Safari? Or know much about it? I am trying to decide if it might be better than the Glenlivet Wildlife Safari. The tours are at least 3-4 hours so want to know if worth the time (and money).

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Braemar Highland Safari

Sorry - I have just noticed your thread - don't know if this will be in time for you to read before you set off or not..... I have done the Glenlivet Wildlife Safari and it was excellent but not the Braemar one. I would imagine its very good too and from a historic point of view you will probably get stories about the Royal connections if that is something that would interest you.

Good luck with your choice!

Woody x

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Braemar Highland Safari

Hi Woody, thanks for replying. I leave in one weeks time. I had contacted Braemar but the guy who does the tours will be on holiday too. So I thought of trying Glenlivet but their tour for the date I'm in Glenlivet/Tomintoul is too late in the afternoon for me. Since I'm overnighting at Dalmunzie I'm not sure if I want to drive an hour and half in the evening after the Glenlivet safari. I'm still mulling it over.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Braemar Highland Safari

There is a guy based in Aviemore called Steve Reddick who does individual tours but not sure if he covers that area or if it would bump up the price too much. Here are his contact details

http://www.highlandwildlifesafaris.co.uk/

Its worth an email!

W x

Reply to: Braemar Highland Safari
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Badenoch and Strathspey