We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference Between MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Difference Between MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore

Is there any? Was wondering if any are more luxurious than others (would like to book a romantic weekend away). Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference Between MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186…

This question keeps cropping up.....I'm not sure if we ever got the definitive answer!

I THINK the nicest hotel is The Highland.....the one with the swimming pool and the restaurant that was called Aspects

Do you need to stay in the MacDonald resort?

The Tomatin Suite might fit the bill?

macdonaldhotels.co.uk/our-hotels/…

Edited: 10 December 2017, 10:26
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference Between MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore

Thank you - it's a bit confusing isn't it?!

No, I don't need to stay in the McDonald resort - would be open to other suggestions! There doesn't seem to be a lot of "luxury" hotels up that way, which I was very surprised about. I thought this might be a good choice since they seem to have spa facilities - I'd be looking for something to do while my other half gets a spot of snowboarding in!

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference Between MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore

Certainly for something with spa facilities AND near the slopes ( if there is snow!) this is probably your best bet in the area.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference Between MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore

I think you're right, thanks for your help :)

Biggar, United...
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
887 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Difference Between MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore

Haven't stayed in the MacDonald resort for a while but the hotels on the site have been refurbished in recent years. I wouldn't say they are luxury - more comfortable and decent value. The restaurant attached to the Highlands Hotel, Aspects, was good - though quite expensive. The executive rooms may be a bit more upmarket? For something special as regards accommodation have a look at some of the B&Bs although they won't have the spa facilities of course e.g. The Old Minister's House.

The Hilton is similar to MacDonald (it has spa too) and is on the road to the ski slopes but seems popular with families so perhaps would lack a romantic atmosphere.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186…

Reply to: Difference Between MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore