We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrating New Year in Aviemore - What's to do?

Durham City
Level Contributor
404 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrating New Year in Aviemore - What's to do?

Any information about what we can do and perhaps see over our four day stay from 30th Dec to 3rd Dec would be great. My partner has a problem with his knees so skiing or anything strenuous he can't do but are there any other 'light' snow activities? I wouldn't mind having a go, can i hire skis and clothing there, if so, I'm wondering what the price would be.

Also - any tips for New Year's Even and what might be going on in Aviemore - restaurants or events etc.

Thanks a lot.

scotland
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrating New Year in Aviemore - What's to do?

Skiing munroe bagging you name it aviemore will have it :-) ........... are you into fancy dress or chill out with jeans gloves scarf :-) ? mcdonald resort if you fancy black tie & dress if not the cairngorm hotel allways has entertainment on hogmany loads to c & do in aviemore enjoy we will be there for a week from 28th :-)

Durham City
Level Contributor
404 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrating New Year in Aviemore - What's to do?

Thanks for the info. I rang the Cairngorm hotel.. £70 and wondered whether we should just book a meal somewhere and then venture out into the bars/pubs - I guess the atmosphere will be good wherever we spend it. Its a long bank holiday - if you've been before could you please recommend any good eats in Aviemore on New Year Eve and New Year's day. We'll probably eat at the Cairngorm on new years day as the bar and meals are available. Were staying at the Ravenscraig which is on the highstreet. Would be good just to walk to wherever and back without the use of a taxi. We're planning ot hire a car for the 3rd Jan to go out to places - any tips here would help too.

Are you staying in Aviemore? I've never been to the highlands and always wanted to spend new year there so this is a big treat!

Durham City
Level Contributor
404 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrating New Year in Aviemore - What's to do?

oh and probably - just for new year eve and day evening, smart dress but during the day yes, jeans, gloves, hat, scrafe etc. cheers. jo

scotland
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrating New Year in Aviemore - What's to do?

You dont need to go to the organised cairngorn dooo, you can just go in the bar its allways busy no need to dress up they have disco etc & fireworks @ midnight enjoy

5. Re: Celebrating New Year in Aviemore - What's to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore