We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entertainment at night for families

Greenock
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
entertainment at night for families

I am going up to Aviemore Sat. 5th July 2008 for a week with a 13 & 2 x 15 year olds. Anyone have any suggestions for places where I can go with the kids at night for some entertainment as a lot of places seem to have music but I think kids can only go up to 8pm, thanks. Any other activity suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: entertainment at night for families

I picked up the "What's On" today as its a useful little mag. to have - even if you are a local. It's showing a website on the front of it

www.visitaviemore.com

so I presume all the info in it will also be on the website. I have just tried the link and although the main website comes up - it will not open up. Perhaps try it tomorrow. Alternatively just pick up a copy of What's On when you get to Aviemore, they have it in a lot of the shops and it's free. That way you can choose what suits you.

I don't see why your kids would have to leave at 8 p.m. - or do you know that from previous experience?

On July 6th there is the Aviemore Highland Show in the Macdonald Resort - sounds like a bit of a Scottish Evening!If you want to try me with any other questions(although why would you after that poor show?) - please feel free!!

Have a great holiday - bring warm clothes!!

Greenock
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: entertainment at night for families

thanks for your info. Thinking of trying Rothiemurchis estate for horse riding, daughter and quad biking, son. Any idead if this place is any good, thanks.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,598 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: entertainment at night for families

Rothiemurchus is excellent and I can recommend it. It's very well run and there are loads of activities. My hubby went quad biking with his work and they had a fantastic time. The pony trekking should be great because of the beautiful countryside but I haven't tried it, and the ponies look well cared for. It may be worth becoming a Friend of Rothiemurchus if you are going to use their facilites whilst you are there, it only costs £10 for a year's subscription and gives you discounts on their activities, things from the visitor shop and parking at Loch an Eilein. You must go to Loch an Eilein if you have not already been - its beautiful, a lovely place to walk and picnic and very atmospheric(take your camera) The Friends of R/Murchus also gives you free entry to the fish farm where you may see opsreys fishing.Presume you will have a car? - take a drive up to Blackpark, a road to the right (signposted Blackpark) just after Rothiemurchus coming from the Aviemore end. You get an amazing view over the Cairngorms and the Lairig Ghru and there are fab walks. Just keep going till the road peters out(you cross a cattle grid at the top of the hill)You can also hire mountain bikes at Inverdruie beside R/Murchus so that could be something else for you to do.The estate is very flat once you are in the forest and ideal for cycling.

info@rothie.net

www.rothiemurchus.net

Further up the road is Loch Morlich which has a lovely beach and sailing boats for hire.

www.lochmorlich.com

There is a visitor centre opposite Loch Morlich with a decent cafe but for the best carrot cake in the world, try Bill's Cafe just beside the caravan park. (Thats' if there is any left!!)

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: entertainment at night for families

Hi Sheila,

Just checked the Aviemore web site and the what's on link to the magazine is working now. See http://visitaviemore.com/whatson Cool feature!

5. Re: entertainment at night for families

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore