We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hogmany Drinks?

surrey
1 post
Save Topic
Hogmany Drinks?

Hi there,

We plan to have our hogmany meal in our chalet in aviemore,we re hoping to wander out for drinks for the bells after and enjoy the atmosphere.Are tickets compulsary to drink in the bars?if not,any suggestions where we ll get in?

Eilidh

Elie, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hogmany Drinks?

As far as I know you don't need tickets unless there is a private function on. If it was me I would head for The Cairngorm Hotel in the main street opposite the station. Its usually a great atmosphere. You may find that its a good atmosphere in the street too, a kind of street party type thing, and on Hogmanay its quite accpetable to carry your "tipple" with you and offer it to people you meet to share with them.

People will be wanting to shake your hand and wish you Happy New Year and give you a kiss - also quite normal!! Hope you have a great time...wrap up warm.

regards

Woody

2. Re: Hogmany Drinks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore