We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aviemore Nightlife

Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Aviemore Nightlife

Hello,

It is my hen weekend next month and my 17 year old sister is meant to be coming. However, we were of course planning on having a night out or two, so I was wondering if pubs, particularly the vault and two hoots clubs, are strict about underagers? There will be a group of us and I don't want my little sis having to sit in the hotel by herself!!

thanks.

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aviemore Nightlife

Havnt been myself for a few year to the likes of the Vault- but can imagine a pretty relaxed attitude up there- as long as everyone is friendly and spending money- think youll be ok!

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aviemore Nightlife

Just remembered when i organised a coach trip to Aviemore last year we had Three lads ,16 and 2 of 17 (who looked their age or older)- and they came around all the pubs etc with us and never got asked about age etc, and we were pretty loud and having fun BUT- we were no bother and spending plenty as you do.

Never had any trouble in aviemore as long as you respect the locals, and dont trash the place!

Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Aviemore
Aviemore
Badenoch and Strathspey, UK
Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aviemore Nightlife

Thankyou for the detailed replies! I'm sure it will be fine :) does the vault/two hoots have bouncers at the door?

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
10,753 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aviemore Nightlife

I don't think we should be condoning under age access to places where you are meant to be over 18. If they are not asking for I.D. they should be and I can't believe you said that the attitude is pretty relaxed up here " as long as everyone is spending money"! Starpyrowhittle - wash your mouth out!!

Woody x

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aviemore Nightlife

OOOPs sorry Woody!

But i did say treat the place with respect etc,!

Me- i would never encourage anyone to drink non sensibly- whatever their age! (!)

Have a nice Christmas up there- wish i was amongst you!

Cant wait to pop up in Feb!

all the best!

(as i creap away!)

6. Re: Aviemore Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore