We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New year 2001/12

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
New year 2001/12

Looking for a place to stay for a few nights, one adult two kids (14 & 12) From 30th Dec to 2nd January- any one offer any places- all the major places are week only etc and we hope to get a days skiing in one day.

Ive been lots of times years ago over new year and would like the kids to see it up there!

Woody- any advice?

Thanks all!

scotland
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: New year 2001/12

Well I am just back & glad tourist board replied each time I past (lunch time) it was closed...... was very disappointed to see the butchers have closed after 12 yrs of trading :-(...... never been @ this time of year but weather was very mild 10 - 12 degrees .... also had a 5 yr old who needed antibiotics due to an abscess on a tooth. However totally n'joyed we chilled ate & drank.... roll on new year hopefully get to bag a few munroes & new yrs eve in the cairngorm hotel.............. thank's again for posting the info from the tourist board :-)

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: New year 2001/12

hi youme

where you staying again over new year?

Cheers Ian

scotland
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: New year 2001/12

We rent up @ the far end of aviemore the robertson homes :-)

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: New year 2001/12

Hi- so what you got planned for new year then, anything yet?

snow expected later this week up in the Highlands so hope it continues to get some skiing in over new year at least!

we have nothing planned as yet!

cheers

ian

scotland
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: New year 2001/12

Usually we get in a few hills allways a busy week packing everything in we usually head up the 27th my b/day 29th then new yr it just seems to fly in.... where r u staying :-)

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: New year 2001/12

We are at the High Range motel from 29th till 2nd jan- hopefully a couple of days skiing (1 dad and two kids, 14 & 12- all good skiiers)though havnt arranged where to go on Hogmannay yet!

You?

scotland
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: New year 2001/12

Me & my other half heading up.... usually shattered from on the hills most of the day few ciders & chill in the cairngorm is about it..... hogmany kids not allowed in the bar i think after 6pm so if you wanted food you would prob have to eat pretty early.... all other nights kids allowed in till 9.30 i think :-) .... how long does it take you to get up? took us 3 hrs the other day which is good going

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: New year 2001/12

hi, we are from Morpeth in Northumberland- usually takes us about 4 to 4 and a half hours- longer if its very snowy!

just hope the snow comes so we can get on the hill!

39. Re: New year 2001/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore