We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow on our Honeymoon

Wrexham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Snow on our Honeymoon

Hi im thinking of heading towards the cairngorms for my honeymoon mid Feb as im looking for a white wonderland. What is the possibility of this? Not interested in the skiing just looking for a very secluded b&b or cheaper hotel to spend a few days at but really want snow. Any advice or ideas would be really helpful!!!!!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snow on our Honeymoon

Goanjock, surely you know better than to get people's hopes up. Snow falls at the end of November and the start of December, then depressingly melts again immediately afterwards, just as the schools break up for the holidays! It's a tradition.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
19,459 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Snow on our Honeymoon

That happened last year but not the two years before so here's hoping.......Cairngorm have also just had another 3 snow making machines delivered so hopefully that will also help. You might need to dig those ski's out Derek :-)

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Snow on our Honeymoon

If it goes very cold (and it's forecast to for a few days) then the snow might form a decent base and would stay. Fingers and skis crossed.

But having skied for many years I've been caught out that way before ... I'm a bit of a pessimist about pre Christmas Skiing.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,459 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Snow on our Honeymoon

The snow has been a forming a good base since Monday and dependant on no high winds, the mountain will difinitely be open on Saturday for skiing. I am going up for a nosey tomorrow so I'll let you know how it's looking ;-)

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Snow on our Honeymoon

Just been on the phone to a mate up there- good skiing expected this weekend- Lecht looking good too!

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,459 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Snow on our Honeymoon

Plenty of skiing going on today up The Cairngorms as well as kids sledging 8-) The forecast is looking good for Boxing Day as well so fingers-crossed the winds stay down.

Carlisle
Level Contributor
14 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Snow on our Honeymoon

Congratulations on the wedding.

I cant recoment Arden House at kinguissie high enough. Would be perfect for a short honeymoon, luxuries rooms, fantastic hosts and great location. and it dosnt break the bank.

Ok you have to travel to the ski resort if you need to to find snow, but if the snow is better in the west you go that way and get to see more of one of the most beautiful areas of Britain

18. Re: Snow on our Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore