We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Aviemore

Al Khobar, Saudi...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in Aviemore

HELP! I am trying to organise a weekend in aviemore with some skiing/snowboarding in jan for my husbands 30th. There will be approx 6-8 of us. I would love to stay in a really nice lodge, not a hotel and preferably close to a few amenities. Any suggestions of lodges and ski/snowboarding instructers to go with??

Thanks!

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Aviemore

The MacDonald Highland Resort have 3 bedroom lodges which may suit, they also have leisure facilities which may be useful after a day falling down in the snow!

Website is www.aviemorehighlandresort.com

It is a short walk into Aviemore itself from here so ideally placed.

www.visitscotland.com also has a ski site which will help with that side of things follow the great outdorrs link on the home page.

Hope this helps?

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Aviemore

That should read Great Outdoors....oops!

DML
Hallett Cove...
Level Contributor
129 posts
490 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in Aviemore

www.greatnorthlodges.co.uk are another option. the aviemore resort lodges are ok but the kitchens are tiny - they want you to eat in their restaurants!

www.pinebankchalets.co.uk is another option

re. ski schools - best bet by far is to book direct with cairngorm mountain - phone 01479 861261. most of the local ski schools that were are now part of Cairngorm's school.

Fife
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend in Aviemore

We stayed in a new house last weekend and it was perfect if you are looking for self catering in Aviemore. The website was www.holidayinaviemore.co.uk .

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend in Aviemore

hi

i go to Aviemore every year and stay at www.cairngorm-bungalows.co.uk

houses are clean and tidy, they are about a 5 - 10 min walk to Aviemore centre and are really reasonably priced. I also spent my hen weekend in one, there were 7 of us, the house that we stayed in had a sun room at the back as well as a living area, 4 bedrooms (2 double, 1 twin & one bunk beds). sun room also has a fab view of the cairngorms.

we didn't have a car, used a taxi to go to the house from the train station, walked most of the time and the bus goes from just round the corner at Dalfaber to the mountain. Also, they can arrange passes to use the facilities at Dalfaber, the local time share which has a mini golf course, pool etc.

whatever you get up to, have a fab time :) and remember if there isn't enough snow, the quad biking, mountain biking, off roading etc is always available.

Cafe Mambo is also a fab place for drinks :)

Enjoy!

Jen

6. Re: Weekend in Aviemore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore