We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in Feb

lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing in Feb

I'm planning a surprise weekend for our first wedding anniversary. Fancy trying the scottish ski slopes. Looking at the second weekend in Feb (9th-12th), we are both experienced skiers. Any idea on what the snow will be like at this time of the year? Is it easy to get to Aviemore from Inverness?

Loch an Eilein
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
Cairngorm Reindeer Herd
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Rothiemurchus
Forests, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in Feb

I would wait until the last minute to book a skiing holiday in scotland as the weathe can be extremely fickle. As to travel between Inversnecky and Aviemore there are plenty of options including bus and rail services.

DML
Hallett Cove...
Level Contributor
129 posts
506 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in Feb

historically the snow is more reliable in february - high winds are the more unpredictable factor at this time of year. Plenty of other things to do in Aviemore in the event the skiing was off though.

info on www.cairngormmountain.com

weiz austria
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing in Feb

hello maltababy, i am a scotsman who now lives abroad in austria,the scottish ski resorts have at this time very little snow,in austria we have just had a weekend in mauterndorf great snow although a little windy,travel from stanstead to graz or salzburg (for less than the cost of the petrol to drive to scotland) and the hills are alive ,very romantic is austria and also i had my first honeymoon at a ski resort called planneralm in steiermark, the good ski areas can be reached from graz in a little more than an hour this is the region dachstein which has some breath taking mountains looking out towards salzburg ,hope you find something stewart

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing in Feb

maltababy

It is very cold here at the moment and snow is a real possibility over the next few days...

Go to the website www.visitscotland.com and use the link on the home page which will take you to the skiing page - you can sign up for email updates and it gives you conditions on all 5 of the Scottish regions.

You can get the train from Inverness to Aviemore.

Happy Anniversary to you both

Cork
Level Contributor
768 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing in Feb

Was there any skiing at all this year?

Ballater, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiing in Feb

Can't speak for Aviemore but I think there was a little at Glen Shee and the Lecht. I was out of the country when the last lot of useful snow fell, so I'm not absolutely sure.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skiing in Feb

Meg there was definitely some skiing in Aviemore - they were talking about some army ski championships on tv last week. There was enough snow for it to take place I believe. Think all of scotland is in for a dump of the white stuff on Sunday or Monday!

8. Re: Skiing in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Aviemore