We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culloden House

California
Level Contributor
502 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Culloden House

Says it has availability every day except the Tuesday night March 20 we need! Is that normal? Is there something going on that day in Inverness? I’d like to call and see if there a chance of a room—but wanted to check heteforst for other comparable upscale hotel. £150+ budget

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Culloden House

Why don't you email them directly?

California
Level Contributor
502 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Culloden House

They said they have an event (a bit discreet) so maybe filming if some sort. Many of the best hotels in the area are booked as well

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,507 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Culloden House

Have you tried The Kingsmills or Bunchrew House?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Culloden House

As well as the Kingsmills, I'd also look at the Drumossie or the Loch Ness Country House hotel, both slightly out of town (similar to Culloden) with excellent dining reputations. All appear to have availability for that night.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,440 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Culloden House

Also, look at the Rocpool in Inverness. Lovely place with fabulous room. We have stayed there a few times and enjoyed it. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Culloden House

We have stayed at The Loch Ness Country House hotel and would highly recommend it. The service was excellent and the gardens are beautiful. We were only B and B so can't comment on the meals.

https://www.lochnesscountryhousehotel.co.uk

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Culloden House

The Rocpool is fully booked that night as well - there must be something on in town that night (nothing advertised that I can see though)

I've eaten at Loch Ness Country House Hotel a few years back and it was excellent. Always wary of personally recommending somewhere when there's a possibility the chef has changed in the intervening period, but recent reviews are still excellent.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Culloden House

Yes, I wouldn't take a personal recommendation per se. It's always best to check out up to date reviews of ANY recommendations on here. As you say @Ailsa W, sometimes there are historical reviews that are good ( or bad) and things may well have changed.