We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loch Ness Boat Tour

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
Loch Ness Boat Tour

We will be visiting Scotland the first two weeks of May and will be in the Inverness area. We are considering booking a boat tour on Loch Ness and wonder if it is a worthwhile activity.

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loch Ness Boat Tour

My son and I took a 1 hour cruise with http://www.jacobite.co.uk/ We enjoyed it very much. Loch Ness is no where near the size as many American lakes, but it is definately different. I could have stood at the back and watched the licorice coloured wake for hours. If we could do it again, we would have taken a longer cruise and did the castle Urquart tour as well. We did see the castle on our own time, but the boat will drop you right off there and collect you again an hour later.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loch Ness Boat Tour

Its a well worth boat trip on Loch Ness,beautiful scenery.There are many boat trips from 1hr onwards.Go to Inverness tourist board in Inverness town centre,near the castle and they will give you more information on the different boat trips,prices and timetables.

sydney
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loch Ness Boat Tour

We took a coach tour from Edinburgh up to Loch Ness and one of the options was to take the boat tour. Most people on the coach declined but thought we travelled all the way from Australia why not. It was great very windy but very interesting, wonderful scenery and the water is so black. I would highly recommend you take the boat trip there is a shop onboard for refreshments, our coach then met us at the end of the trip. Takes about 1 hour. I have always been fascinated by Loch Ness since I was little and never thought I would marry a Scotsman and end up visiting Loch Ness. It is so beautiful in the highlands, my husband had lived in Edinburgh for 27 years before coming to Australia and had never been to the area. He said it was the highlite of our trip back to Scotland. Enjoy your stay and take the boat trip for sure.

4. Re: Loch Ness Boat Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 17:21