We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inverness Accomodations with kids???

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Inverness Accomodations with kids???

Hi Everyone!

We are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 young boys. We are trying to look into accomodations for one night in theInverness area but are finding it difficult online. I'm specifically looking for something on the inexpensive side that has a family room or that has two double beds and wouldn't mind us having 3 to one bed. My kids all have their own beds but prefer to climb into bed together like little sweaty puppys anyway. When I put in the number of people into my online queries, I automatically get a response that there is nothing available, unless I want to do dorm-style hostels. Which I'd prefer not to, again unless there is a family room available.

Any ideas? Hopefully someone in the area or a seasoned Inverness traveller can recommend a few places for us to stay.

We are really looking forward to seeing the beauty of the area!

thanks, lene

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inverness Accomodations with kids???

<bump!>

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inverness Accomodations with kids???

http://www.parkhill-inverness.co.uk/

http://www.scotland-inverness.co.uk/lyndon/

Here are a couple of options that I ran across. If the kids are really young, I doubt anyone would object to them sleeping 3 to a bed. Unless of course there are strict fire regulations that would prohibit that. A good sized room should be ok though. If one is really young, you could always ask for a baby cot as well. And if all else fails, there is always travelodge. The rooms are 2 double beds or a double bed with a pull out couch. Nothing fancy mind you, but usually not too bad for a night.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inverness Accomodations with kids???

Thanks for the info!

I actually found a place it...GlenFruian Guest House. It was recommended by a few b&b's that I spoke to on the phone. I can't find anything online about the guest house, which is frustraiting because I like visuals ;-) but the prop. seemed so sweet on the phone.

I'm looking forward to it!

One more sleep for me! Yippee!

Lene

4. Re: Inverness Accomodations with kids???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 15:19