We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Courses

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Courses

Greetings

While spending a week in the Inverness area we would

love to golf some of the great Golf courses of the area. Could anyone help us get tee times at Dornoch, Nairn, Lossiemouth, Turen even the Royal Aberdeen. Coming from Canada makes it difficult to arrange such things.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
Level Contributor
737 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Courses

These days you can use club's web sites to find out booking information. This site provides good information about each course and you can use their links to access individual clubs.

http://www.uk-golfguide.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Courses

Thanks

Are there any coupon books, or discount websites where you can get a better rate?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Courses

This website offers discounts: www.greenfeesavers.co.uk/index.html

I don't think you would be able to get discounts to play any of the championship courses like Royal Dornoch, Nairn Dunbar etc. To play on a championship course you must be able to produce a current club handicap certificate.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Courses

Of course the people in this party have that, their registered handicaps are from 3 - 8 approx. I have yet to find any discounts with the Championship courses. I wonder, if you were accompanied by a member of that course you would probably get a guest discount, but that would entail us befriending a local member within the next 5 months. Chances are slim to none. Thank you for your help though.

from a Canuck

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
107 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Courses

Dogwood,

I have booked a month in Scotland this summer (late July/early August). I have not found the 'holy grail' of discounts on any of the courses. I am choosing to stay in B&Bs and the proprietor of the place I am staying in Inverness will be joining me for a round at Nairn, and has graciously offered to host me at his club Nairn-Dunbar while I am there. I am assuming that the rate I will pay as a guest will be less than turning up as a visitor on my own - but I admit to not knowing (or caring all that much to be honest). It seems that even members can only 'introduce' a certain number of guests per year - so trying to rely on finding a member to host you might be difficult.

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, just thought I would share my experience in booking my 27 rounds in 31 days! :)

Wildcatpike

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Courses

Thanks wildcatpike. I have found golf passes at www.golfhighland.com but it does not include the Championship Courses of the highlands. Such is life.

I was really just joking about meeting a local and we will pay as we play and feel honoured doing so.

We are booked on Loch Lomond at a Dairy for a week, it is close to Inverness. The last time I went to Scotland my husband played 18 games of golf in 21 days and I took off every morning by bus or train sightseeing. At the end of the vacation he admitted I had more fun. This time we have agreed to drive up to the West side of the highlands and view the spectacular scenic views. Oh how I ramble on. Thanks again for the help.

7. Re: Golf Courses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 15:17