We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need adivse on B&B vs Hotel to pick

Which Inverness hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
US
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
need adivse on B&B vs Hotel to pick

Were 5 of us and are driving from Edinburgh to the Inverness area. We are spending two nights in the Inverness area. Accommodation was hard to find but I did manage one day at the Tramps in Drumnadrochit

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g551809-d668037…

and the other day at the Greenlea B&B

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g551809-d141…

I just found out that there is accommodation for two nights at the Beaufort Hotel in Inverness.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186543-d496724…

Their website looks quite nice too

http://www.beauforthotelinverness.co.uk/

but I'm a little concerned that it might not have the charm of the other two B&B. The location of Beaufort is pretty good though and the B&B's in Drumnadrochit are 15 miles south of Inverness.

Can you guys suggest whether I should stay with the two B&B's that I have currently reserved, or change to the Beaufort hotel?

Thanks!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need adivse on B&B vs Hotel to pick

Hi, I don't know anything about the b and b's but the location of the Beaufort is very good. There is a restraunt across the road which is very good,called Rocpool. The town centre is a ten min walk down the road and there is a very good restraunt on the way into town too called Cafe 1.

Loch Ness
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need adivse on B&B vs Hotel to pick

Hi

You don't say when you are coming to the area or what you want to do when you get here, but as you said, Drumnadrochit is only 15 miles from Inverness if you want a taste of 'city' life and see the museum, shops etc there (bearing in mind it's not New York...Yet!).

B&B Accommodation in Drumnadrochit is all usually of a very high standard - I have had relatives staying with Mary at Tramps and have heard only good things!

There is plenty to do in the Drum area: Urquhart Castle is only about a 1.5k walk from Tramps, and Greenlea is near the Exhibition centres on the other side of town ('other side' meaning a 10 minute walk) plus there are a selection of places to eat and drink as well as loads of walks, waterfalls, horseriding and of course Loch Ness.

If you are here at the end of August there are the Glen Urquhart Highland Games (Sat Aug 22nd) - info on this event and an up to date list of what else is on in the area (from craft fairs to Ceilidhs) have a look at

http://www.visitlochness.com/events.php

A selection of restaurants in the area can be found here www.visitlochness.com/section.php?id_sec=12

Whatever you choose to do - I hope that you have a fabulous holiday!

US
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: need adivse on B&B vs Hotel to pick

Thanks for the response. I've decided to stay in the Drumnadrochit area. I'm very excited about my trip to Scotland. It's almost unreal how you guys and every B&B I've called have been so incredibly polite and helpful.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need adivse on B&B vs Hotel to pick

Good choice ;-)

5. Re: need adivse on B&B vs Hotel to pick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 12:20