We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses and taxis in Inverness

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
buses and taxis in Inverness

We'll be arriving at the Inverness airport around 10:15 and can't check in to our castle (Kilravock) until 1 PM. I know we can take the "Jet" to Inverness city center but knowing we will probably only have time for lunch before checking in and having to get a taxi I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? Are there any places closer to Croy where you can eat and also get a taxi? Would it be better (and cheaper by taxi) to go to Nairn? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses and taxis in Inverness

Fort George for visit and food

Culloden Battlefield for visit and food

Cawdor Tavern for very good food

Nairn Basil Cafe at harbour area for very good food

Tartan Taxis 01463 222777

City Taxis 01463 222555

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buses and taxis in Inverness

Thanks for your suggestions! Would love to go to Cawdor Tavern but they don't open until noon. I know we will be tired from a very long plane trip so really just need a place close by to hang out and have lunch (will have our luggage with us). The cafe in Nairn sounds good. No problem getting a taxi from Nairn to the castle? Trying not to spend a lot on taxi.....

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buses and taxis in Inverness

Iv done a search and there are some taxis firms in Nairn too. Let me know if you want some phone numbers for them too.

4. Re: buses and taxis in Inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 12:20