We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest nightlife for the over 45 crowd

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Suggest nightlife for the over 45 crowd

In 2004 on my first visit to Inverness we enjoyed a Saturday night at Blackfriars then on to a pub near Young/Huntly corner area. Can't remember the name, but I know you can walk in one door by the bar & out the other door onto street by small Tesco. We helped close the pub after two hours of great company of mature locals, 'oldies' music by the DJ & several pints. Does it still exist?

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest nightlife for the over 45 crowd

The only pub that I can think of that is close to Tesco is the Tarry Isle ?

Across the road is a very good restraunt called Rocpool. They do 2 course lunches and dinners too I think. Very good food and friendly staff.

There is a new wine bar across the bridge from the above pub and restraunt called The Den its below Johnny Foxes pub. I havn't been yet myself but iv heard good reports.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest nightlife for the over 45 crowd

Hootanannys in Church st has live music too.

inverness
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest nightlife for the over 45 crowd

Think you mean Finlays on the other side of Tescos - it has 2 doors as you describe.

Has changed a lot since then though, think you will be very disappointed if you go back!!

Try the Castle Tavern on Castle Street.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest nightlife for the over 45 crowd

Thanks to all for info on Inverness pubs. It's difficult to find a place to have a pint, listen to music that one can talk over if one so desires, without getting blistered or appear to be on the prowl. You can love the '60s,'70s music, but not participate in the same manner. Cheers.

5. Re: Suggest nightlife for the over 45 crowd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Inverness
Recent Conversations