We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

Bel
London, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

I'm looking at booking a hire car in Inverness. I narrowed it down to Sixt or Enterprise but had a question for Sixt so rang them and the main Sixt office put me through to Inverness office, which turned out to be Focus car hire - an independent company who seem to handle Sixt's rentals from Inverness.

Does anyone know anything about Focus? Did some googling and found one complaint picked up by a national newspaper, but not much else. Thanks!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

not impressed with focus. filled up the car with petrol before dropping it off at Inverness airport - it showed as completely full on the petrol gauge. Then get a message from Focus left on my mobile to say that it isn't full. Nineteen pounds was taken from my bank account by Focus to pay for this so-called shortage of petrol in the tank. So watch them if you use them. D

invernes
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

Re post , regarding Fuel charge Focus Vehicle Rental called to inform of fuel charge , We pride ourselves in customer service and only ever charge when we have to .

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

don't know if this is relevant but Sixt Ireland went into receivership a while back.

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

Side note, I use Inv Enterprise each year but in case you did not know, they are not at the airport but are happy to pick you up at airport train sta, etc

Wales
Level Contributor
155 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

Any one in their right mind should know full well that when a fuel guage is showing full, there will still be room for a further £20 worth of fuel !! Even when filling it is possible to deliver another £10 worth, when the automatic cut off first operates.

I suggest anyone renting a car under these terms, does not drive more than five miles before filling under these conditions, and completing the receipt.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

Had an extremely bad experience with focus vehicle rental and I seriously advise you to re-consider. I booked a 4-door sedan through Sixt and was referred to Focus to obtain the vehicle as Sixt did not have a branch there. 2 key problems with Focus:

a. extremely dishonest when charging on damage

b. lacking in rendering assistance when needed through calls

We had a tyre puncture from a small accident due to the rough roads. We were charged for the tyre and 2 rims with minimal damage. Amount charged was exorbitantly high, and when we questioned further, Focus assured me that I could claim the full amount back from my insurance.

However, when I tried to claim on my insurance, I was rejected as Focus had informed the insurance company that it was just a damage and not part of the insurance terms. I did not get any assistance from Sixt either.

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
660 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

If you are not sure about sixt/focus or enterprise - why not try either a

scottish agency http://www.celticlegend.co.uk

or a scottish car rental company

https://www.arnoldclarkrental.com/

both have a good reputation & plenty of cars at airport locations all over scotland

invernes
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

Regarding the above comment about Damage to wheels and tyres

This comment comes as a shock to us. As all costs were agreed and signed for before you left in May .

Damage is always a hard thing to deal with as nobody ever wants to pay for something that will never be a benifit to them and we sympathise with customers for this reason . Focus only charged the cost to repair the 2 day old vehicle back to its original condition and made NO PROFIT from it whatsoever .

We also have had no contact from any Insurance company's regarding this if you would like to discuss further please do not Hesitate to call on 01463 709517

Thanks

John @ Focus Vehicle Rental Inverness

Inverness

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

Had a very bad experience with this company. we arrived at inverness airport and were given a manual Volvo but we insisted on the automatic we had asked for. We were driven to the office and given a nearly new Audi A4 estate. We were advised to return the car to Inverness Airport and drop keys in drop box even though it we would have been returning at 11.30 am. Car was returned, undamged, & we rang focus to say we had returned car. Nearly an hour later they ring to say damage to bonnet and charging us £500. We say car was not damaged when we left it & damage could have been done in carpark. They say they checked car 10 or 15 mins after we rang - so WHY the delay of an hour before they ring us by which time we are airside and cannot come out to chk alledged damage ourselves.

They send us pictures none of which are taken at the airport, none are date or time stamped, 2 are taken inside a garage repair shop, 3 outside and one shows brilliant blue sky but was overcast and cloudy on the day. They could have taken photo to show damage and reg number in same shot but they didn't and they have so far not replied to 3 emails askign for explanations of the above. They have now charged us £115 which is about the difference between the car they tried to give us originally and the car they actually gave us

If you rent a car from this company and they say to "just return the car to the airport" INSIST it is checked back in by a staff member or take lots of photo's.

Tel Aviv District...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sixt/Focus car hire Inverness

Interested to see that we're not the only ones who have been ripped off by this company. Similar to the poster above we returned the car to a car park rather than directly to the hire company and were contacted some time later to inform us that the car had been damaged (we had checked it thoroughly and it was fine).

We also asked for some proof of this and were duly sent photographs of a damaged car. However as luck would have it, the car we hired happened to be in the background on some of the photographs from our walking trip and it was immediately obvious the the photographs we were sent were of a completely different car.

Focus have still insisted on charging us even in spite of this. Contrary to the advice from the previous poster, it would appear even photographic evidence isn't sufficient- my recommendation would be to avoid this company at all costs.

Get answers to your questions about Inverness
Recent Conversations