We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

focus car hire inverness

middlesex
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Topic
focus car hire inverness

Hi Guys, well it's been a while since I was last here so here goes; we're hiring a 6 berth motorhome from focus this june ( our 40th ) wedding anniversary and heading for the outer hebrides after picking it up from inverness. Has anyone had need to complain for whatever reason? Hoping for some good news, so I'll leave it up to the people who know best; my tripadvisor guys many thanks,

Steve.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,284 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: focus car hire inverness

Blimey - 6 berth motorhome on the Outer Hebrides! Good luck on the roads...

W x

PS have not used Focus car Hire myself so can't comment.

PPS presume you have checked this? don't know if it gives any useful info or not

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums?ff=626&geo=186543&scope=2&q=focus+car+hire&returnTo=__2F__&sub-search.x=0&sub-search.y=0

Edited: 19 April 2012, 11:27
middlesex
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: focus car hire inverness

Hi Woody. That was quick! Although it seems big, the r.v is only slightly bigger than a twin wheeled transit with a overhanging front pod ( double bed )

My inital enquirey was just to make sure Wifey doesn't have to go through anymore heartache as she did with a company in england, " motorholme" avoid those guys like the plague!! also any ideas for a good b/b inverness for when we return friday 22nd june ? many thanks Woody;

Steve

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,284 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: focus car hire inverness

I'm not much use at places to stay in Inverness as I don't have the need to use the facilities as it were! Have you checked out the reviews on TA for the B & Bs and guesthouses to the left of this post?

<<<<

I would be happy to choose something from that list that has good reviews after reading "into them"

Ballifeary is getting some good, nay excellent, reviews for example and it looks central but there are also many others on the list.

Hope someone else will drop in with more local knowledge

W x

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,284 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: focus car hire inverness

Or Abermar??

middlesex
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: focus car hire inverness

Regarding Motorholme, Avoid like the plague! DO NOT go near this company until you visit www.reviewcentre.com first. If the reviews on that website don't convince you, nothing will! Heartache city or what. You have been warned!

middlesex
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: focus car hire inverness

well what can I say? apart from a thousand thankyou's to all the crew at Focus Inverness. They made our holiday complete. Nothing was any trouble, the motorhome was amazing, their attention to detail was nothing short of brilliant, met us at Inverness station at the start, then after the return, they took us to our final digs before travelling home. I would like to give special thanks to 'DREW, who from start to finish looked after us all the step of the way. They made our ruby wedding anniversary celebration one we'll never forget, so if your thinking of hiring a motorhome from Inverness, please check these guys out first, you WON'T be dissappointed. Many thanks focus, you made a dream come true.

Inverness...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: focus car hire inverness

I had a bad experience with Focus car hire Inverness. I just wish we had checked them out before hiring a car from them. They do not seem to care about their customers and other road users safety and long as they get as much money in their pocket as possible. The cars are shoddy, the price is high, they give little or no help if you need it and if you do need help or damage the car in anyway you pay through the nose for it. My advice is run a far away from this company as you can, there is far better ones out there that are cheaper and treat you with the care and respect you deserve.

Bucks Cross, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: focus car hire inverness

Hello, we are having huge issues with Motorholme- did you get anywhere?

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: focus car hire inverness

This is an old post Deborah. PM (private message) the poster in question and they will reply much like an inbox.

10. Re: focus car hire inverness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 06:20