We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inverness to Glasgow Train - Queen Stations Central Station

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Inverness to Glasgow Train - Queen Stations Central Station

Hi it is me again who asked some earlier questions about trains.

I have taken the sage advice and booked my train tickets. I have a question about the ScotRail train I am taking from Inverness to Glasgow.

When I bought my tickets I thought I would be staying near the Queen Station. However I am booked at the Grand Central.

So does the train stop at the Central Stations first so then I can hop off and go straight to my hotel? Or does it stop at Queen Station first and would it be a big deal if I stayed on for the Central Station?

And yes I know they are near together but at 54 dragging luggage I would prefer to be able to get off of the Central Station.

Thanks for your help.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inverness to Glasgow Train - Queen Stations Central Station

Hi as far as im aware the Inverness-Glasgow trains only stop at Queens st station when I have got them in the past. You could pick up a taxi to take you to your hotel if you dont want to walk.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,206 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inverness to Glasgow Train - Queen Stations Central Station

Yes,you have to make your own way to the hotel but it is only about 7 minutes walk.

There is also a shuttle bus to Central Station.Ask one of the staff to show you the stop.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,042 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inverness to Glasgow Train - Queen Stations Central Station

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

The bus runs every 10 mins or so in peak times from the stop at the east side of the staion next to the taxi rank. If you are arriving later then it stops at just fter 2000.

It's not that difficult a walk, all on the flat but if you have a lot of luggag ethen catch the bus. You are supposed to have a train ticket to get on the bus and yours will be taken off you at the barrier. It wioll only be a pound or so if you have to pay.

Inverness
Level Contributor
180 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inverness to Glasgow Train - Queen Stations Central Station

Not sure if you have travelled or not, but I would advise NOT getting a taxi.

I did this once a few years ago and the reaction was not pleasant as it literally is only a few minutes away

5. Re: Inverness to Glasgow Train - Queen Stations Central Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Inverness