We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inverness to Edinburgh by rail

Iowa City
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Inverness to Edinburgh by rail

I only know of Scotrail. Is there a competing line (East Coast Line)? I want to travel on Saturday, July 21st: Inverness to Edinburgh. Do I have to buy the ticket online? Thank you

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inverness to Edinburgh by rail

Hope this works....

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/…arr

you dont have to buy online but the best price is there at the moment.

Iowa City
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inverness to Edinburgh by rail

Thank you. The 12:46 looks the best but I will be coming from Skye and am not 100% certain when I will get to the station.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,340 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inverness to Edinburgh by rail

If you are coming from Skye why are you goig via Inverness. You can take th bus to Galsgow direct from Skye or train from Mallaig to Glasgow then to Edinburgh.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inverness to Edinburgh by rail

The £45.20 is an Anytime fare so (a) need not be bought in advance and (b) is valid on any train.

If you buy an Anytime ticket online you will get a seat reservation for the 12:46 but you can still travel on an earlier or later train that day if more convenient.

The Advance fares on the East Coast train are valid for booked train only.

5. Re: Inverness to Edinburgh by rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Inverness