We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

Highlands
Level Contributor
5 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

Hi. We are planning a trip to the US next summer and would like to visit Chicago and/or Seattle/Oregeon as well as Yellowstone and Old Faithful. Help please I can't figure out how to best take in Yellowstone.

Thanks ;-)

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

Shouldn`t this be posted on the America forums ???

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,565 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

but congratulations on the lottery win, though :-)

Highlands
Level Contributor
5 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

Yes you are right but I can't suss it out. First time on Forum! Maybe the expertise is in Scotland?

Highlands
Level Contributor
5 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

It's more of a wish that a fact!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,962 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

I see you have posted on the Oregon forum but you would do better to ask your question here - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60999-i481-Yellow…

You should also visit the Road Trip forum if you are thinking of driving but bear in mind that a journey from Chicago to the west coast will take several (and I mean several) days - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Idaho Falls
Level Contributor
607 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

My cousins just drove here to Idaho (2 hours from Yellowstone) from Chicago and it took them 3 long days, about 24 hours total driving time.

Yellowstone is HUGE, and the driving can be quite slow in the park. Either traffic jams from slow drivers looking for wildlife or bison in the road are very common. We were there 2 weeks ago and waited about one hour on the road while a herd of 40-50 bison walked several miles along the road. You can "Do" part of Yellowstone in a day, but it's a long day and you'll only get a passing glance. Several hours can be spent just at the Old Faithful area, which has many walking paths to see the many different geysers and hot pools.

Make a post, if you can, on Yellowstone's forum or read the previous posts and you will get a lot of information.

Here is the National Park Service website which should also be quite helpful.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/index.htm

Good luck planning, let us know if we can help further! (I just happened to see your post as I'm planning a trip to Scotland in Sept.)

7. Re: Old faithful - How can I get to it from Chicago or Seattle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 July 2012, 23:05